Building & Fire Prevention Construction
In observance of the upcoming holidays, our office will be closed on the following dates:
* December 24, 2019 - Closed
* December 25, 2019 - Closed
* December 31, 2019 - Closing at 2:00 pm
* January 1, 2020 - Closed
Any inspections scheduled during these dates will be moved to the next business day.
vOnline permit submittals- As of October 1, 2019, ALL permit types are available for online submittal for licensed contractors. Permit Online Portal
* CONTRACTORS - please set up your online account and contact our office at 352-735- 7115 to get your account linked. Once your account is linked, you will be able to sign in and apply for your permit.
* OWNER/BUILDERS - all owner/builder permits will need to be submitted in our office for approval.
Our vision is to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the residents, visitors, and property owners of Mount Dora by creating safer buildings.
We are dedicated to the protection of the public health, safety, and welfare of all who live, work, and visit the city by providing professional, consistent, uniform enforcement of the codes and superior customer service.
- Customer service
- Public service
Building and Fire Prevention Construction Services is tasked with oversight for all new construction projects, additions, and alterations of existing structures, including fire life safety and fire protective systems, through permitting, plan review, inspections, and final acceptance.
This is accomplished through enforcement of the provisions of the Florida Building Code, the Florida Fire Prevention Code, and the City of Mount Dora Code of Ordinance.