Memorial Bench Program
Mount Dora Memorial Bench Program Policy
1. The Division of Parks and Recreation shall coordinate and administer the Mount Dora Memorial
Bench Program (the “Program”).
2. Memorial benches or other project installations shall be maintained by the City for a period not to
exceed ten (10) years from the date of installation. Maintenance shall include and be limited to cleaning
and minor repairs
3. The City shall not be held responsible for loss or damage to the bench including but not limited to
theft, vandalism, or weather.
4. Only one choice for memorial bench design is available. Every effort will be made to accommodate a
sponsor’s choice of location. If the location of choice is not available, the application may be withdrawn
by the sponsor and the administrative fee shall be fully refunded.
5. The total bench fee including the cost of the plaque, additional shipping fees, transportation to the site
and installation of the bench shall be paid in full following the notification of the applications approval.
The total bench fee is not refundable under any circumstances once the plaque and bench have been
6. No work shall commence until full payment is received and all project approvals have been obtained,
including but not limited to applicable authorization.
7. If a bench is vandalized or lost it may be repaired or replaced. The sponsor shall be notified and may
elect to replace or repair the bench at their expense. There is no obligation on the part of the City or the
sponsor to repair a bench that was damaged by theft, vandalism or weather. The installation and
application fees may be waived at the discretion of the City.
8. Reasonable efforts shall be made by the City to accommodate a sponsor’s wish for the timing of an
installation. However, due to consideration regarding special events, weather, staff scheduling, or other
unknown activities that may occur at the site, bench installation dates shall not be guaranteed.
9. Written confirmation shall be sent to the sponsor by the City after an installation is complete.
10. In the tenth (10th) year following the bench installation, the sponsor shall contact the City should
he/she wish to extend the term of the project for an additional ten (10) years. The City, at its sole
discretion, shall assess the condition of the bench and will determine if an additional ten (10) year term
is feasible. If an additional ten (10) year term is not feasible, the sponsor may elect to submit a new
application for a new bench. If an additional ten (10) year term is feasible, the term shall be extended an
additional ten (10) years at no cost to the sponsor by submitting an updated signed policy agreement. If
the sponsor does not contact the City to extend the term of the memorial bench, the City, at its sole
discretion, may remove or relocate the bench.
11. Within the term of the agreement and any extensions, the City reserves the right to
relocate any and all benches at any time should such action be necessary, including but not
limited to property development, vandalism, or interference with park operations. The City
shall make a reasonable effort to contact the sponsor should relocation of a bench be required.
12. It shall be the duty of the sponsor to keep the City informed as to his or her current
mailing address and the current address of his or her legal representative if notices are to be
sent to that representative. Notices or other correspondence mailed to the address on file with
the City for the sponsor or his or her representative shall constitute actual delivery and
13. All decisions of the City with regards to this Program shall be final.
I have read the Mount Dora Memorial Bench Program Policy thoroughly and understand
all terms and conditions. My signature below constitutes my acceptance of all of the terms
and conditions set forth herein.