Planning & Development
The Planning and Development Department:
- Conducts development reviews for new projects and renovations
- Reviews applications for rezoning, conditional uses, variances, site plans, and subdivisions
- Provides quality customer service to residents, businesses, organizations, neighborhoods, and decision makers through research, data, mapping, and analysis Provides tools and resources to strengthen and increase the long-term viability of neighborhoods and commercial districts
- Regulates land development in the City of Mount Dora
- Reviews, investigates, and promotes growth management policies
- Issues Business Tax Receipts
Applications are reviewed for completeness and compliance with the city’s Land Development Code, Comprehensive Plan, and design review. In addition to coordinating all development review, this division provides staff support to the Planning and Zoning Commission and Historic Preservation Committee.
Planning Department Meeting Dates:
LINK TO MEETING & SUBMITTAL DATES
|Development Review Committee||The Development Review Committee no longer holds formal meetings|| 2022 Meeting & Submittal Dates 2022 Meeting & Submittal Dates|
Opens a New Window.
|Planning and Zoning Commission||The Planning and Zoning Commission meets the third Wednesday of the month at 10:00 a.m. in the City Hall Board room, located at 510 N. Baker Street|
|Historic Preservation Board|| |
The Historic Preservation Board meets the last Wednesday of the month at 4:00 p.m. in the City Hall Board Room, located on the first floor of City Hall at 510 N. Baker Street